Jamestown Historical Society logo

Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
ID Number A2006.402.001
Date 1927
Description Prospectus for the Conanicut Club (date taken from notes on folder). Lists Board of Governors. The Club was incorporated to be operated without profit and to render services to members at cost. Conanicut Park was acquired to build a large Spanish clubhouse, adjacent cottages, a pavilion with lockers and showers at the beach, an 18-hole golf course, and a 3-mile bridle path around the shore. Architects Allbright & Blaney of Boston designed the main clubhouse. Description of Jamestown as historically important with an old New England windmill still preserved under the care of the Jamestown Historical Society. Includes an ink drawing of the design as well as three photographs:air view of East Ferry Landing, entrance to Shoreby Hill, and "fishing from the Rocks for Gamey Striped Bass and Tautog. " Communications were to be directed to A.D. Howard, Secretary, 161 Devonshire Street, Boston, Mass.
Object Name Prospectus
Site Jamestown Historical Society