A painting by John Cook who was the Lighthouse Keeper at Dutch Island Light from 1915 to 1927.
He retired to Jamestown with his wife, Martha, and built a house at 112 Narragansett Avenue. He died in 1930. He had no children.
The painting shows the West Passage with Plum Beach Lighthouse, several vessels (one is "Chrysteman," probably Ferry Road in Saunderstown and probably Saunders boat yard.
The painting was measured without the frame.
The donor, Marie Herzog Spedalle, was the grandniece of Martha Cook. She visited here in 1949.
The donor read about Jamestown in a New York Times article in November 2009 about a leftovers party.
|Relation||Show Related Records...|
|Site||Jamestown Historical Society|